08 Januar 2006

First running training 2006

After a break I restart my running training today. I’m used to participate in three running competition every year (length between 13 and 16 km). The first is in March, the second in April/May and the third in May. There is a forest near to my flat, it’s quite ideal to do my training units. I have 4 different routes, two shorter (6 and 8 km) and two longer (12 and 15 km). I can combine the different routes.

A good preparation contains 3 training units per week, 2 shorter and a longer unit. As I don’t have much time during the week I often do the longer unit at weekends. But it would be better to do the longer unit between the shorter units. Anyway, nobody is perfect.

Training in winter is always hard. There is the cold, snow and ice on the trails and in the evening it’s dark very early. At weekends I profit from my free time to run in the morning or early afternoon.

Today it was cold (-3 degrees) and the trail were very frozen, I almost slipped two or three times on the damned ice. But so there wasn’t a lot of people on the way and I could concentrate on my breathing and my steps. I run the 8 km route in 50 minutes. That’s not bad. My condition isn’t on top yet. But there are more than 2 months to the first competition, so I have time to improve.

Next training unit is planned for Tuesday, 11.

Kerzerslauf
Cross Club Nidau
GP Bern

Keine Kommentare: